Thank you for being a fan of the FRA on Facebook. The Federal Railroad Administration participates in Facebook to engage with individuals and organizations about topics related to the FRA’s mission.
Are you an FRA employee?
If so, you are responsible for reading and understanding this policy, as well as complying with the rules and guidelines in the FRA Social Media Policy.
The FRA’s official website is www.fra.dot.gov. The FRA is using this third-party site to share information in a different format that may be useful or interesting and is being provided for informational purposes only. However, FRA cannot attest to the accuracy of all of the information provided by this site or any other linked sites. Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of FRA. External, non-FRA links on this site do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of FRA.
We welcome your comments, ideas, and concerns. However, we expect conversations to follow the conventions of civil discourse. While we encourage fans to share thoughts and opinions on the FRA Facebook page, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner.
The FRA does not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on our pages. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments posted on our Facebook Wall.
A comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Off-topic or irrelevant posts, or posts that involve personal or non-FRA activities
- Hate speech directed at race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability
- Overly aggressive, obscene, or profane language, photos, or images
- Statements that defame, harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, or in any way infringe on the rights of others
- Statements that encourage criminal conduct or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction
- Promotion of services, products, or political organizations
- Material that is copyrighted or trademarked
- Spam or links to inappropriate sites
- Disclosure of “personally identifiable information,” proprietary or privileged information, or information that could compromise the Agency’s security
- Other comments that the FRA Social Media team deems inappropriate.
All links posted as comments on FRA posts will be reviewed and may be deleted. Repeated violations of the FRA Comment Policy may cause the author to be blocked from the FRA Facebook page.
Comment Review Period
We recognize that the Internet is a medium unbound by regular business hours and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, comments will be reviewed only during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
Intellectual Property Notice
Except where otherwise noted, content on the FRA Facebook site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Content includes all materials posted by FRA. In addition, visitors to this website agree to grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to the rest of the world for their submissions to this site under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. A copy of this license is available online at http://creativecommons.org/licenses. Members of the public should honor intellectual property laws and post only content they have the right to post.
FRA Privacy Notice
To protect your privacy, please do not include information (e.g., an email address, phone number, or formal FRA position) in the text of your comment that identifies you.
If you use this website or application to communicate with FRA, you may be providing non-government third parties with access to personally identifiable information (PII) about you. Any PII about you that becomes available through your use of this third-party Web site or application will not be maintained, used, or shared by FRA, except as described in the following Privacy Impact Assessment.
Additional guidance as to how FRA regards privacy issues can be found within the FRA Privacy and Website Policy.