Office of Administration
The Associate Administrator for Administration advises the Executive Director on matters relating to the
management and organization of the Federal Railroad Administration and serves as:
- Chief Information Officer,
- Chief Human Capital Officer,
- Head of Contracting Authority and Competition Advocate.
In these roles, responsibilities include:
- ensure that information technology is acquired and information resources
are managed for the agency in a manner that implements the policies and procedures of the
Information Technology Management Reform Act.
- ensure that FRA carries out its responsibilities for selecting, developing, training, and
managing a high-quality work force consistent with the Government-wide human capital
provisions included in the Homeland Security Act of 2002.
- provide and manage administrative services in support of FRA missions and goals. Provides support services to FRA offices to ensure their operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- ensure goods and services are procured consistent with laws and regulations and that competition is obtained to the maximum extend practical.
- provide executive direction over the activities of the Support Systems Staff, Office of Human Resources, Office of Information Technology, and Office of Acquisition.