- CCS is the Close Call System for U.K. railway track workers. CCS is Network Rail's online reporting system to centrally record and analyze close call incidents for its own operations and those of its contractors. (Note: this is not a confidential close call system.)
- CIRAS is the Confidential Incident Reporting and Analysis System for the UK Railway Industry. CIRAS is an alternative way for rail industry staff to report, independently and confidentially, safety concerns that they feel unable to report through company channels without fear of recrimination.
- FRA Office of Safety Analysis. Users can run dynamic queries, download a variety of safety database files, publications and forms, and view current statistical information on railroad safety.
- FRA Risk Reduction Division. Through its Risk Reduction Program FRA helps railroad, labor, and other interested organizations establish voluntary programs that identify and address risk, and include measurable goals and corrective action processes.
Other Safety Reporting Systems
- AFA Incident Reporting System is the Association of Flight Attendant's (AFA's) reporting system for safety, health or security incidents.
- ASRS is an FAA and NASA sponsored aviation safety reporting system that collects, analyzes, and responds to voluntarily submitted aviation safety incident reports to lessen the likelihood of aviation accidents.
- CAIRS is the Department of Energy's Computerized Accident Incident Reporting System. The database collects and analyzes DOE and DOE contractor reports of injuries, illnesses, and other accidents that occur during DOE operations.
- Fire Near Miss is a voluntary, confidential, non-punitive, and secure reporting system for near-miss fire and emergency service events.
- LEO Near Miss is a voluntary, confidential, non-punitive, and secure reporting system for near-miss law enforcement events.
- NSRS is NASA's confidential and voluntary reporting channel for notifying upper management about hazards and safety concerns.
- PSRS is a voluntary, confidential, non-punitive program for all Commonwealth of Virginia employees to report events and concerns related to patient safety.
Safety and Human Factors
- Establishing a Sustainable Safety Culture. Visible progress towards established goals is a more effective motivator than money or personal recognition for the average worker in a world-class operation.
- Human Systems Integration Division at the Ames Research Center analyzes human performance and human-automation interaction and focuses on improvements in safety and efficiency.
Link to Us
You may link to the Confidential Close Call Reporting System (C3RS) using the following image, linked to the homepage at www.fra.dot.gov/Page/P0733