FY18 Directed Grants - Railroad Safety State Participation Pilot Grant Program
Overview: FRA provides funding to certify state inspectors to conduct investigative and surveillance activities to ensure that the application and interpretation of federal railroad safety rules, regulations, orders, and standards reflect the same national uniformity. See the FY 2018 Notice of Funding Opportunity for more information.
Legislative Authority: The funding for this program was made available by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018, Div. L, Tit. I, Public Law 115-141 (2018 Appropriations Act).
Eligible Pilot Grant Program Recipients:
- Arizona Corporation Commission
- Maine Department of Transportation
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Nebraska Public Service Commission
- Nevada Public Utilities Commission
- New Mexico Public Regulation Commission
- New York Department of Transportation
- Ohio Public Utilities Commission
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission
- Virginia Corporation Commission
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission
Eligible Projects: The grant funding is available for FRA-approved technical training; travel expenses to attend approved FRA technical training, conferences, and meetings; and laptop computers required to support inspector reporting and data analysis. Additionally, grant funding is available for costs related to FY 2018 State Railroad Safety Participating Pilot grant management administration.
News: July 11, 2018