Failed to load content.Failed to load content.
Overview: This program will fund projects that improve the safety, efficiency, and reliability of intercity passenger and freight rail. See the FY 2019 Notice of Funding Opportunity for more information.
Legislative Authority: This program was authorized in Section 11301 of the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act, Pub. L. 114-94 (2015); 49 U.S.C. § 22907. Funding under this program was made available by the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019, Division G, Title I, Public Law 116-6.
Projects eligible for funding under this grant program include, but are not limited to:
(2) Group of States;
(3) Interstate Compact;
(4) Public agency or publicly chartered authority established by one or more States;
(5) Political subdivision of a State;
(6) Amtrak or another rail carrier that provides intercity rail passenger transportation;
(7) Class II railroad or Class III railroad;
(8) Any rail carrier or rail equipment manufacturer in partnership with at least one of the entities described in (1) through (5);
(9) Transportation Research Board together with any entity with which it contracts in the development of rail-related research, including cooperative research programs;
(10) University transportation center engaged in rail-related research; or
(11) Non-profit labor organization representing a class or craft of employees of rail carriers or rail carrier contractors.